SEO friendly post can be ranked on the first page of Google and other search engines even with fewer backlinks. I have practiced a lot of things while doing SEO and gained experience. The experience made me able to guide you. In this article, I would tell you some amazing tips about how to write SEO friendly post for your website/blog that can be ranked easily.
Content writing is just a skill like other skills. I would like to mention the difference between a writer and an SEO writer. A writer only writes to engage it’s readers while an SEO writer has needed to happy readers as well as search engines. By this mean, SEO writing might be a bit difficult but it is not as difficult as some people think.
I am going to describe 15 important points to write SEO friendly post. These points will cover each and every topic with details.
Before proceeding toward the main topic, I would like to tell that a user-friendly article might not be SEO friendly but an SEO friendly post will be necessarily user-friendly. I already told above that an SEO friendly post is optimized for Search engine and reader.
These two points were important to be cleared for a better understanding of SEO friendly post.
15 Never Told Tips to Write SEO and User-Friendly Blog Post:
I am going to tell 15 amazing tips to write SEO friendly post for blogs and websites that can user-friendly also. These tips will be enough to keep visitors and search engines happy so let’s start it.
Plan your SEO Friendly Post
Planning can provide the desired results. Like any other job in routine life, content writing also need good planning. Planning to write SEO friendly post will include:
- Proper Research and Knowledge
- How to Do well from Competitors
- Keyword Planning
Proper Research and Knowledge:Search about the topic that you are going to cover. Make sure you have sufficient knowledge about that topic.
For an example, if I am going to write about Blogger SEO tips then I shall visit 5 sites and read their content. I also make my notes in which I shall write all the important points including the headings.
How to Do well from Competitors:In the previous step, you have visited the sites of your competitors. Now it is time to make a plan. Observe your competitor and think about how you can provide better information. What will be the style, how many headings and subheadings will you make, where will you put out source info (i.e. videos, tweets). Now it is over to you think and plans it yourself.
Observe the following things on competitor's sites:
- Understand how your competitors are using Keywords.
- How they are writing an attractive title.
- Keyword Density in the article.
- Length of the article.
- Division of article in headings/subheadings.
Keyword Planning:Before start writing, do some research and select good keywords. You can use “Google Keyword Planner” which is absolutely free. The Keyword that you will select must have:
- High Search Volume
- Low Competition
- Good CPC (Ignore if your blog/website is just new)
Structure of Article:In the previous step, we only talk about research but here your actual work is going to start about how to write SEO friendly post. Before writing your SEO friendly post, you are recommended to ready a structure of article.
Structure helps to split the large article into the parts. After that you can easily focus on each heading in better way.
Cover the following points in the structure
- What will be the title?
- How many words will you write?
- The number of headings.
- How many words will you include in the introduction?
- Total words of an article.
- Where will you insert images/videos or other external elements?
Best Font Type and SizeKeep font simple and font size should be fair that can be easily readable. Avoid using custom and over stylish fonts. Some popular fonts are Arial, Helvetica, Times New Roman, Verdana, Georgia. Your font size should be 16px for the main body.
I concluded that font size is also helpful to Increase read time and by increasing the reading time your site’s reputation will also improve.
Optimize Article Title:The title plays a very big role to increase your visitors. A properly SEO optimized title is not enough. You have to make it attractive to compel the visitors to click on it.
Suppose a person is searching for something on Google. After typing some words in the search box Google provides him 10 results on the first page. Now, which link will he open?
According to the observations, it is not necessary that he will visit the 1st website. Actually, he will click on the link that will amaze him.
Below is the screenshot of some results from Google
Finally, make your title SEO friendly as well as eye-catching.
- The title is within 60 characters.
- Use Keyword at once.
- The title must describe what are you going to tell in the article. It will also give an idea to search engine about your article.
Optimize URL:URL also need optimization to make your post SEO friendly. URL optimization is very easy. I can not tell the exact words for URL because different sites have different domain names of different length.
Only a few tips for URL optimization:
- Keep the URL as short as possible.
- Use the keyword in the URL.
- Avoid using blocking words (a, an, the etc).
- Do not repeat keywords.
- Use "-" to separate words.
- Manual URL is better than auto-generated. Usually, WordPress and blogger blog automatically generate keywords which may not as effective as we want.
Example (manual): /write-SEO-friendly-post
The manual URL is shorter and effective. Now do practice yourself.
Write SEO Friendly Meta Description:Meta description is the whole story of your article in a few lines. Use your selected keywords in meta description to optimize meta description for search engines. You can use a keyword maximum two times.
- Use keywords in the meta description.
- The length of the meta description should not exceed from 300 words.
- You can repeat a keyword 2 times but recommended is to use only 1 time.
- Tell all the major points in the description. You may define your headings/subheadings to make description SEO optimized.
Maintain the Number of Keywords:To write an SEO friendly blog post, you have to use keywords effectively. Even an excellent post without focusing on keywords cannot gain much traffic. Google has defined a boundary for webmasters when it comes to deal with keywords.
Below are some points, follow them to write SEO friendly post for your blog:
- Keywords density should not more than 3%. Which means use a Keyword 3 times in 100 words.
- Avoid Keyword Stuffing. More than 3% of keywords in an article are known as Keyword Stuffing. Your web page will be marked as spam if Google’s spiders found Keyword Stuffing.
- Must use your keyword in the first three starting lines.
- Use keywords in headings, description, and URL also.
What Should be the Length of SEO Friendly Post?Basically, you must have 350 words grammar free, fairly readable text in your posts but researches show that longer blog posts rank quickly. Actually, when you write an in-depth article, search engines think that you really care and serious about your blog and readers that’s why longer blog posts rank higher.
- Write a post as long as possible but stay to the point.
- The paragraph should be short.
- Sentences length also matter. Do not write too long or too short sentences. Medium length sentences have a good effect on readers.
- Avoid repeating a single point again and again.
- Avoid from unnecessary explanation.
- Give references where possible.
- Divide the text under headings.
Keep the Paragraph Short:I have mentioned about it but here I shall tell exactly about it. Your paragraph should have at least 4 – 5 lines and maximum 10 – 12 lines. Need more explanation? Ok. I usually make a paragraph about one point. When I have to define another point, I start a new paragraph. To understand it more clearly, I suggested you see my blog posts and understand when I start a new paragraph.
Avoid to Use Difficult Grammar:A good SEO friendly blog post is also reader friendly. You have to make sure that blog post is fairly readable.First of all, understand your readers.
For example, if you are writing for the USA, UK peoples than you may use extreme level grammar because they have no difficulty to read it but if you are writing English text article for Asian counties then avoid to use too heavy grammar. You have to make sure that your content is fairly readable for your readers.
I recommend using Yoast plugin which also gives a score to your article from a grammar point of view. If you are using Bloggers than you can use below link to test your article on Yoast
No Grammar Mistake:Before publishing your blog post, make sure there is no grammar mistake. I recommend using Grammarly premium account to check the grammar of the article. It will check spelling, punctuations, tenses and all the other mistakes and then you can easily correct them.
Interlinking is Effective for SEO:Interlinking plays a very effective role to improve your blog/website search rankings. Interlinking means to put a link of one of your blog post into another. Interlinking improves your search ranking, reduce bounce rate and allow search engine spider to crawl another web page.
- Use do follow attributes for interlinking.
- Use good keywords as anchor text. Anchor text gives an idea to search engine that what is inside the link.
- Interlinking keeps visitors on the website so bounce rate reduces. With the reduce of bounce rate, Alexa rank also improves. Here is a complete guide about how to improve Alexa rank fast and free.
It is not important to use do follow attributes for external links. We usually use no follow attributes for external links.
Insert Images and Videos:A rich and SEO friendly post has 1000+ words text, at least 1 image (use at least 4 – 5 images if an article is lengthy), internal and external links and video (if necessary).
Media objects help in various ways:
- Engage visitors.
- You can also gain traffic from image and video search options.
- Videos keep the visitors on your site and help to reduce bounce rate.
- Never forget to use alt tags in images. Here is a complete guide about how to optimize images to increase website speed
Keep Updating your SEO Friendly Post:You may know that updating old articles also improve their ranking. By updating your blog posts, you are telling the search engine that you care about your content and want to provide the latest information to your visitors. Try to add some text in old articles.
I personally never found my article perfect when I revisit them. I found many points that can be improved while updating my older articles so, when you see your old articles, you will automatically found the points that can be improved.
Last Words:Hopefully, I did not miss any point that is necessary to write SEO friendly post. I hope you will like. If you want to say thanks than please share this article with other just to encourage me. Ask me any question that you have in mind by using the below comments system.
I am offering Content Writing Services, If you Need SEO Content services than you can contact with me via FB page or Contact Us Page